Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ghost Memoirs #1

Approximately 1976

This was my first real memory of an unexplained spirit experience. I was very young, so young in fact that I cannot tell you how old I was or even the address of where we were living at that point. I do know that the time frame was right to have us living in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and I do know that I was in the car with my mother. Please understand that my mother also seems to be “sensitive” to spirits, so I cannot say whether it was because of her or me that we experienced what we did. Or perhaps it was both of us that brought it on. Unfortunately, we will never know.

As I said before, I know that I was traveling in a car with my mother that night. When she recounted the tale in later days, she told people that she remembered passing by the local graveyard. I cannot honestly say that I remember this, however, as I was so young that I couldn't see far past the bottom of the windows. What I do remember is driving along in the dark and then having the feeling like something was behind us. When I turned to peer over the back of the seat and look out the rear window, what I saw took my breath away. Apparently, my mother saw it as well, as she gasped as she looked in the rearview mirror. What we saw looked like a very small, glowing cloud, tailing along directly behind our car. When I asked my mother what it was, she glanced back at the rearview mirror a couple of times, her eyes wide. She finally replied, “I don't know, honey. “ and I could sense that her uneasiness was equal to mine. As we continued to drive, my mother kept worriedly glancing at the rearview mirror, and her uneasiness seemed to grow into fear.

The shape continued it's pursuit of us until we pulled into the garage, at which point my mother grabbed my hand and said, “Let's run, honey”. In that final moment, I didn't have a chance for a last look, to see if it were still there, floating in our garage, as my mother hustled me very quickly into the house. However, my mother yelled to my father to go have a look, at which point, of course, there was nothing there.

No comments: